September 19, 2013

Random Thought for Thursday 9/18/13

At approximately 5:00 am this morning, my 'hood lost power due to something -- I'm guessing something related to the violent thunderstorms in the area in the last 24 hours.

At approximately 5:10 am this morning, the power was restored.

Upon reflection, I learned in those 10 minutes that I may watch too much TV, particularly of the apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic flavor.  (To be fair, I actually have previously embraced my addiction, so maybe I "re"learned that fact.)

Evidence -- when the power went off and I was awakened (probably because both the air conditioner [yep, it's hot again here] and the fan [what can I say, I need white noise to sleep] stopped running), I could hear a plane going by overhead.  My first groggy thought was to make sure that the plane noise demonstrated that it kept on moving and did not fall out of the sky, as if the power outage was so severe that all electronics stopped working (as in NBC's "Revolution", which premiers its second season next Wednesday).

Further evidence -- after the plane did not, thankfully, fall out of the early morning sky, my next thought was to strategize as to the perfect vantage point from within the apartment to guard against both front and back doors should looting break out (as in the infamous "Clear" episode of "The Walking Dead", without the craziness of Lennie James' character and all the writing on the walls, and substituting hooligans for zombies ... AND also, sadly, as in the news footage of current events regarding the aftermath of the flooding in Acapulco, Mexico).

Luckily, before I could execute on the action plan I was formulating, the power was restored, and the fan and the ac came back on, and I was lulled back to sleep.

HAVEN'T HEARD OF REVOLUTION?:
http://www.nbc.com/revolution/

LENNIE ADDS QUALITY TO ANY SHOW HE'S ON:
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Lennie_James

OK ... OK ... MAYBE THESE ARE SOME MORE REAL WORLD SUGGESTIONS:
http://igetready.com/oh-what-do-you-do-when-the-powers-out/

No comments:

Post a Comment