September 20, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 9/20/13

Just over twenty years ago, in the late summer of 1993, I was here with these people.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure I know for certain where "here" was -- I think it was a public park in or around Birdsboro PA ... or it might have been my late Aunt Dorothy Trate's property.

But I do for sure know "these people" (well, many of them), as they are a bunch of folks in attendance at a family reunion on my mother's side.

I expected more people to be in the photo (who knows ... maybe they were there but not "there" [in the picture]), but I do see my Mom in the middle, and that's me on the end with my nephew Nicolas on my shoulders (and, see, my sartorial choices haven't changed in two decades -- wifebeaters and Sambas even back then).  So to summarize what I know for sure -- it's me and a mom, a sister, a nephew, a niece and a whole mess of cousins ("mess" being a unit of measurement, not a judgment of any kind [I wanted to insert an emoti-wink, but it would have bumped into my close parenthesis]), and as it relates to cousins, that's firsts, seconds, some removed, and any other kind of designation that cousins can have (like, you know, "blocked on Facebook").

I'm not sure if these types of gatherings still happen, but I'm glad I went to this one!  [Relatives, feel free to download and zoom in and tag any other folks you recognize!]


No comments:

Post a Comment