September 1, 2013

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 9/1/13

What Chicago is talking about this week:

Now that the Armageddon Pre-Show has been postponed until after Recess, and since the Hannah-Montana-has-a-vagina-and-she's-not-afraid-to-use-it conversation is finally dying off, talk around town is really focused on something local.

And I'm not going to sugar-coat it or obfuscate it as I am often wont to do.  I'll just flat out say it:

The purple hotel is being torn down .

 I can't say I've ever been there for a function (I've only been in Chitown since 2001, and I'm not sure when it stopped being used), but I do know that it's been a part of my Chicago life just in the sense that it's a directional landmark (as in ... you know, out by that purple hotel).  And now all those who drive out in Lincolnwood will no longer have the calming effects of lavender in their life.

Let this be a cautionary tale to the city's citizenry.  I hear the Leaning Tower of Niles might be next to go!

WHO KNEW?  IT WAS ONCE A HYATT!  OWNED BY THE PRITZKERS!!:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-08-27/news/chi-the-pur:
ple-hotel-is-history-20130827_1_purple-hotel-new-hotel-lincolnwood

WHO KNEW?  LEANING BUILDINGS MIGHT BE BAD STRUCTURALLY!
http://www.suntimes.com/news/22266240-418/leaning-tower-of-niles-walls-crumbling-village-ponders-fix.html

PRIORITIES, PEOPLE, PRIORITIES!  RECESS COMES FIRST!:
http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/08/31/republicans-promise-to-take-a-shot-on-syria-after-the-recess/

No comments:

Post a Comment