September 7, 2013

Random Posting for Penn State 9/7/13

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from the Sep 7 game!

1.)  First, a point of clarification.  If you're reading this on the blog, the entry has been post-dated.  If you're reading this on the Facebook, it's being posted on the date *after* I actually watched the game (thanks to my travels last weekend and my making space for it on the DVR and my having time last night to finally see the game).
2.)  Because of point #1, I watched the game even knowing the score, and I have to say, it could have been much worse, had those Eagles only taken advantage of all the opportunities they had.
3.)  Although, come to think of it, it also could have been a lot better, since the Eagles' only score was on that fumble.
4.)  Okay HACKENBERG, things look good and freshman records are being set, but can I just say ... relax a little, huh?  I don't know what that means about your game day traditions -- whether it means relations the night before, or a massage the day of, or some deep breathing exercises between Nascar plays -- but when you are good, you are very very good, and when you are bad, it could get costly.
5.)  And speaking of records, how does one overcome obstacles and persevere through pressure?  That would be by setting a consecutive-successful-field-goals record.  Atta boy, FICKEN!
6.)  Nothing hammers home the point that we have a young young team than that statistic showing the year by year breakdown, eh?
7.)  I'm nothing but a casual fan, but I did chuckle when the announcer said that HACKENBERG has great sliding technique.  I mean, how hard is it really to run and sit down before you get sacked?
8.)  Being in Chicago, the broadcast made me feel very welcome.  Between the Eagles player who was from Chitown to the reference to the upcoming Illinois game at Soldier Field to the studio for the post game report being here in town to the band playing Chicago's 1973 song "Feelin' Stronger Every Day" at halftime, I felt the Chi-love.
9.)  Heads Up Football.  That's all I've got to say (partly because it's such a new concept that I don't know much about it, except it sounds "healthy").

In closing, thanks to the '73 team and especially to John Cappelletti, whose 22 was retired (and who's pictured in the above photo with JoePa) ... and the countdown to our next post-season game in 2016 stands at just 46 more games!

HACKENBERG SETS A RECORD:
http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2013/09/the_newbie_qb_penn_states_chri.html

FICKEN SETS A RECORD:
http://pennstate.247sports.com/Article/Sam-Ficken-kicks-his-way-into-the-Penn-State-record-book-148372

CAPPELLETTI SETS A RECORD:
http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/01/22/1798602/tudor-remembering-joe-paterno.html

No comments:

Post a Comment