September 6, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 9/6/13

Twenty years ago around this time (maybe a few weeks earlier), I was saying goodbye to my 18 months in Uniontown (I didn't mean for that to sound like it was the name of a prison and I was doing time) ... and I headed back to PA and to LVC in 1993 to engage in more of my undergrad studies.  (I can't say "to finish", because I would kind of do the same thing in a different way in 1998 ... but that's a story to tell in 2018 ... and I'm digressing ...)

What better way to do so (to say goodbye, that is) than to head off to Cedar Point with a bunch of folks from the Cherry Tree (the restaurant where I was working (we "accidentally" funded the trip selling candy bars, but that's another story for another time -- and, in case you didn't know, my time in Uniontown was all about a theatre internship -- and being an actor is all about being a waiter, right?) ... which brings me to this photo on the shores of Lake Erie with Fred/Mike, Barb, ?Barb's sister and Yvonne (who was taking the picture).  Note -- also not pictured was the giant stuffed teddy bear (won at Cedar Point), who was left in the car.

Although not seen here, I did climb off the rocks and put my feet in that lake twenty years ago.  And then I did the same thing in Lake Michigan in September 1996, when I first vacationed in Chicago with Joanna.  And you know what -- I'm on a quest this weekend (in real time -- I don't always live my life looking back, just on Fridays) -- and before today is done, I will have dipped my toes into BOTH Huron and Superior.  (Ontario will have to wait ...)

And that's how you do a Quest, son!

No comments:

Post a Comment