September 14, 2013

Random Posting for Penn State 9/14/13

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's game!

1.)  Well, that wasn't as nearly as much fun as last week ... but a valiant effort all the same.  Let's learn from our mistakes and apply them with an eye toward Kent State next week.
2.)  Somebody at UCF, please please confirm for me that Storm Johnson is majoring in meteorology.
3.)  I know this can't be true, but I feel a little like I might be the only Chicagoan NOT watching the college football game at Soldier Field tonight.
4.)  I'll admit that I am not *that* guy who will second guess the refs, or spot violations before flags are thrown, or know all of the rules and regs as if it were my dream to coach ... but I will interact with the TV pretty regularly with the one thing I clearly observe and for which I know I'm right to cheer ... and that's me saying "Run! Run!! Run!!!"  (It's kind of all I've got to bring to the table ...)
5.)  Oh -- except I'll also say "Oooo ... that's a big throw ..." as the ball hangs in the air, which, with HACKENBERG, it appears I might just be saying a lot this season.
6.)  Search for Sasquatch?  Really?  That's creative marketing now?
7.)  Atta boy FICKEN!  One more to add to your record before that first half gaffe set you up for a nearly impossible attempt.  But not before first succeeding with #15 in a row -- and the longest at that (and at least a more reasonable request, I might add).
8.)  Oh well ... we shall meet again, and in just a few months.  In Ireland!  For an O'Leary vs. O'Brien battle!  (And please tell me ZWINAK is only a junior, because I don't know if he's Irish, but he sure is a made-for-the-island ginger!)
9.)  And you heard it here first -- were I to win the MegaMillions or PowerBall this weekend (they are both over triple digits, so I'm a-playing), in addition to all the other things I'd do with the cash, watching the game in Dublin drinking a pint or four of Guinness next year on August 30th would immediately make the list!

In closing, sarcastic thanks to the ref for not seeing that UCF guy was out of bounds on the last drive  ... and the countdown to our next post-season game in 2016 stands at just 45 more games!

ATTA BOY FICKEN,ALL THE SAME:
http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sam_ficken_770193.html

DULY NOTED, NOW I JUST NEED TO WIN THE LOTTERY:
http://www.cntraveller.com/recommended/food/best-places-to-drink-guinness-in-dublin

BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE GAELIC ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION:
http://btn.com/2013/07/14/penn-state-to-open-2014-vs-ucf-in-ireland/

No comments:

Post a Comment