September 13, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 9/13/13

Ok ... to be fair, I try to adhere to a rule that the photos are twenty years old when it comes to my flashbacks every Friday, and this photo *almost* adheres to that construct.

Yes, it is from 1993, but it's actually from August of that year, which makes it twenty years PLUS a few weeks (and, heads up, so will be the next three photos in the weeks ahead, and then and only then will I finally get to some LVC fall '93 pictures, representing my second of three go-rounds at my undergrad alma mater [I loved college so much I decided to stay there for almost a decade!]).

All that said, I couldn't resist a shot of my biological mother with 62.5% of her grandkids (the other 37.5% weren't born yet [I was going to do the math for what percentage of my nephews and nieces this represents, but things start to get a little fuzzy what with definitions and half-siblings I've rarely met and therefore it's unclear as to their progeny]).  It's so rare that the different sides of my family are all gathered in one spot at one time that this image takes on almost mythical proportions.  Looking at it more closely, I have the distinct feeling that the freeze pops may have been a bribe to get every one to sit still for this almost mythical moment -- that's just a hunch!

Anyway -- here's to good memories and smiles all around and days when eating a freeze pop was the highlight and choosing which flavor was the only worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment