September 27, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 9/27/13

Ok ... one more family photo from just over 20 years ago in late summer 1993.

This is me and my Aunt Bea (my mom's sister), at that same Trate Reunion at which last week's picture was taken.  [Of course, you'd know that if you had the ability to zoom in to the name tags, assuming, that is, that you had to because you didn't recognize me since I was so skinny and had all that hair (although the wife beater, backwards ball cap and theatre masks gold chain is a bit of a giveaway when it comes to "early nineties Troy".]

My younger life being what it was, I wasn't as tuned in to my mother's side of the family (we were all pawns in my dad's fourth wife's jealousy games), but Aunt Bea stepped up when I did finally run away from home a few years earlier, and she helped me recreate that genealogy by sharing information and family photos and the like for me to put it all in the computer.

Of course, that was twenty years ago, so the computer is long gone, as is the floppy disk on which the files were saved, but luckily I have the paper copies somewhere in my "file room" (that's the name for the hoarding space in the apartment).  There's a generation's worth of updates to make it to it, so I *must* make it a winter priority to get that space in order, so that it's ready for my grandkids.  [Note to self:  perhaps acquiring grandkids should also be a winter priority ...]

No comments:

Post a Comment