August 6, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 8/6/13

Finally, a song to replace 'In the Arms of an Angel' -- nothing against Sarah McLachlan, but some of us poor souls are such sensitive saps that being bombarded with multiple photos of one eyed cats and three legged dogs while that song plays in the background can tailspin someone like me and sentence me to a week of sadness.

[To be clear, and to gruff-en up my image, I still live by the adage that the only jaywalker for whom I will not aim is a jaywalker walking a dog (as it's clearly not the dog's fault that their human is stupid enough to be in my path).]

The latest commercial I've seen has slightly happier photos (although, I google searched "shelter pet" to find an image to accompany this post, and I'm still trying to put the pieces of my broken heart back in place) and features this tune.  (Note -- I really think the difference is that the aforementioned ad is about preventing abuse, while the latter is about inspiring adoption ...)  I'm still a bit away from being in a situation to bring a dog into my immediate family, but there are many dogs out there just waiting for those that are ready to add them to theirs.

And you tell me -- who doesn't like a Phil Collins song (with or without Genesis)?  Someone who probably kicks puppies, I tell you.

Adopt ... don't shop.  Or, put more powerfully and as seen on the interwebs tonight ... the shelter dog you adopt will save two lives -- the one you take home with you  ... and the one that takes its place.

JUST LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER ... (note that this is not the ad, but that it fits the bill):

No comments:

Post a Comment