August 20, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 8/20/13

In case you missed it last week -- every Tuesday leading up to the release of the latest Pearl Jam studio album, I'll be counting down by way of choosing a random tune from each of their previous studio albums (in order of release).

Since this is week 2, that means I'm choosing from VS. -- and as much as I seriously thought about paying homage to all my elderly friends whose breath might smell familiar as they sit at counters back home in the small town of Lebanon PA where I grew up, I'm going to have to choose the song whose lyrics are featured on this person's tattoo ...

[In a funny twist, it's a song that's been a random tune before (on 6.19.12) but I'm not against some double postings now that I've been doing this for many many years and many many posts -- so much so that I also learned I actually featured last week's tune before as well (Dirty Frank was also the random tune on 8.9.11) {I'm really enjoying the google search feature on my blog ...}]

I can't not hear P Jam's lyrical-different-slant-of-sorts of Billy Joel's "Angry Young Man", and not scream my lungs out to the ode to stubbornness with its lyrics below (or ... is that an ode to questioning whether stubbornness actually matters in the long run ... discuss ...)

I will hold the candle til it burns up my arm.
I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired.
I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind.
Hey I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind.
I'll swallow poison until I grow immune.
I will scream my lungs out until it fills this room.

The answer to "how much difference does it make?" ... A hell of a lot to those of us who have used a severely stubborn streak to survive any manner of crisis and dysfunction.  Of course, that's just my take ...

LIGHTNING BOLT ARRIVES in JUST 8 WEEKS!

HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?:


No comments:

Post a Comment