August 8, 2013

Random Thought for Thursday 8/8/13

[Part deux ... in my special occasional series in August ... where I Pivot myself!  After all, I haven't done any acting other than "like a fool" for quite a few years, so time is running out for me to have this done TO me by a Lipton ...]

WHAT TURNS YOU ON CREATIVELY, SPIRITUALLY OR EMOTIONALLY?  To be clear, this is Pivot not Kinsey, so there will be no oversharing of my erogenous zones (although, for anyone playing along at home, they would rhyme with ripples and foes) -- and so the answer is WORDS, WORDS and more WORDS.  I love them run together, and said aloud, especially when they combine in ways musical, and connected unexpectedly (maybe I should have been a slam poet, if only I had stumbled on the challenges of urban life earlier in my own more rural one).  I want people to accuse me of causing whiplash from having to experience a double take whilst reading what I have written.  I'm awfully fond of them in sentences interrupted by parenthetical phrases; phrases that, in turn, must deal with inserted bracketed tangents; those tangents being subject to braced clarifications -- until you have to take out a 1930's grammar book and learn (or re-learn for you oldsters)  how to diagram the monstrosities I create (note -- punctuation -- [particularly its proper usage] -- meh -- I could do without, so long as no one takes my double dashes and ellipses from me).  Truth be told, I'm lexiconically turgid now, so it's time for a cold shower ... or ... to discuss ...

WHAT TURNS YOU OFF?   Again, the adverbs in the first "ask" are applied to this question as well, so I won't be telling you my safe word, which is known by so few (if you're reading this, you know who you are, *blush* [and no, *blush* is not the word I use]) -- and so my reply is AUTHORITY.  (As I age, I'm finding more and more in common with Cartman, which might be cause for alarm ...)  I've had an anti-authority streak as big as Martin Luther's (the monk, not the king), as any number of individuals to whom I directly report or as any number of individuals to whom my father was married can attest.  I've mellowed in my middle age, but I still want the freedom to make up words if I so choose, and to say what I want, not edited for brevity and most definitely not subject to a restriction of characters (just who do you think you are, Mr. [or Ms.] Twitter?)!  And I'm not sure if Pivot predicted this, but, in the answering of le questionnaire, I'm experiencing an epiphany, because using my words to rebel against authority actually excites me ... so could it be that which turns me off actually turns me on ... and I'm just a turned out Troy all the time?

Something on which to think ... as are next week's questions of favorite curse word and favorite/least favorite sounds ... which I shall do until the next time I Pivot myself ...

I SPARED MYSELF THE COST OF A SHRINK AND JUST DIAGNOSED MYSELF:
http://similarminds.com/types/antiauthority.html

AND COULD IT BE THAT I AM MORE LIKE HE THAN I CARE TO ADMIT?:
http://www.relativityonline.com/home/top-ten-eric-cartman-quotes/

I MAY OR MAY NOT BE USING ( ) , [ ] , { AND } PROPERLY:
http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/parentheses-brackets-and-braces?page=all

No comments:

Post a Comment