August 9, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 8/9/13

I said it last week -- it was the social event of the summer (that summer), and I said then that I'd be  swapping out my dance partners for this week's twenty year old photo.

This is my sister Holly -- and since we do not appear to be electrically sliding, or macarena-ing (did anyone how to do that in '93?), or flailing about with our limbs approximating a chicken (or a hokey, for that matter), it's more likely that we were moving and grooving to one of these top five songs from Aug '93 (the month my sister Sherry got married) ...

#1 -- UB40's 'Can't Help Falling in Love'
#2 -- Tag Team's 'Whoomp (There it is!)'
#3 -- SWV's 'Weak'
#4 --The Proclaimers 'I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)'
#5 -- Onyx' 'Slam'

[P.S.  I'm secretly hoping it was #4 above ...]

And look at her, so beautiful in red -- and look at me, somehow only taking small steps from being a Wallflower to being a (rhythmless) Walldancer.  But hey -- I had taken off my coat and was displaying my wrist bling (to be fair, a gift from she who got married, as I recall), so I must have been serious about my moves.  Da-da-lat-da (da-da-lat-da)!  Da-da-dum-da-da-dum-da-da-dum-da-da-da-da-dum!  (If you know what I mean ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment