August 3, 2013

Random Soapbox for Saturday 8/3/13

I don't mean to go off on a rave here, but ...

... I think I finally get the appeal of one Dwayne Johnson, courtesy of the summer reality show "The Hero" on TNT, which just wrapped but is surely available online or on-demand or on-something.

I'll admit to the fact that it might be a little bit of bias kicking in, since, now that we're both a little older, we look so much alike (well, from the scalp up, anyway -- seems like we have the same haircut).  I'll also admit to not always following his career.

I do know that it appears that he was once an eyebrow model and also an insecure chef of food that was either too flagrant or not flagrant enough (come on ... think about it ...), and that he is brought into movies by production designers intent on making "big" guys look small (i.e. Channing, Mark, Vin).

But it's as reality show host where he really shined.  I say put Probst out to pasture, let Seacrest retire to watch his Lochte footage over and over again (Ryan -- I've evaluated your programming strategy and I know what you're up to, you little repressed one) -- hell, I'd even team him up with Tim in the workroom or pair him with Phil racing around the world.  He's funny ... he's charming ... he's supportive ... and he's a hugger.  Who wouldn't want someone like him in his or her corner, cheering him or her on to victory, supporting him or her when it's time to make the hard choices.

Kudos to him -- and I never thought I'd say this -- but I think I want more Dwayne Johnson in my life.

THE LAST FEW EPISODES CAN BE VIEWED HERE (FOR THE TIME BEING):
http://www.tntdrama.com/series/the-hero/video/

NOT ONLY DO WE HAVE THE SAME HAIRCUT -- WE'RE ALSO THE SAME AGE:
http://www.biography.com/people/dwayne-johnson-11818916

THE CHARITY FEATURED ON THE SHOW:
http://www.redcross.org/index.jsp

No comments:

Post a Comment