August 25, 2013

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 8/25/13

What Chicago is talking about this week:

Squeezing in all the things that need to happen before summer ends *next* week.

This photo -- my personal "haul" from today's visit to the flea market at Allstate Arena, all three items purchased for $4.00.  I could not find any Hardy Boys books this year (those have been my usual most-sought-after-items on past visits as I'm rebuilding the collection I had in my youth, a collection on which I once placed so much value that I threw them all into a bed sheet and took them with me the very first time I ran away from home when I was in elementary school -- and if you haven't heard that story before, be sure to ask me about it sometime, because it involves hiding my aforementioned library-in-a-hobo-sack in the swamps of Lebanon, choosing to wear all my socks instead of a pair of shoes as a running away strategy and spending all my vacation bible school collection money on bubble gum purchased from a nickle candy machine at the local Hills PLUS it features my very Dutchified neighbor "ooo-dat-vas-a-purrrdy-von" Mr. Meily [RIP] -- oh the stories I could tell).

Instead, my major purchase was a set of Yahtzee score pads.  'Tis true that one can now print scoresheets off the interwebs, but I saw this addition to my recently rediscovered Yahtzee box as more of an investment in my post-apocalyptic strategy.  I know I got sidetracked last year and had some fun with the end of the Mayan calender apocalypse, and I'm certainly no Doomsday Prepper extraordinaire -- but, if you are, and should you invite me to your bunker, I can assure you that I will pack the dice and this new set of four score pads into my bug-out bag.  (Ain't no end-of-the-world party like a Yahtzee party, yo!)  Plus, I got lots of stories to tell to pass the time while we outwait the rogue government, or the zombies, or the nuclear fallout, or whatevs ...

So just one more trip to the beaches of Chicago next weekend (assuming the 90 degree temperatures continue), and I can officially transition from summer to fall, just in time for an upcoming autumn adventure that's still in the planning stages (stay tuned!) ...

UNTIL WE GET DOWN IN THE BUNKER, THERE'S ALWAYS THIS OPTION:
http://www.memory-improvement-tips.com/yahtzee-score-sheets.html

TRUTH BE TOLD, THE MARKET LASTS UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER:
http://wolffs.com/pages/rosemont-2013-schedule-242

THIS WAS THE 2006 REPRINT ... I'M TRYING TO FIND OLDER EDITIONS:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/146656.Hardy_Boys_Complete_Series_Set_Books_1_66


No comments:

Post a Comment