August 30, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 8/30/13

And so ends another series ... this time, the five weeks spent flashing back to my sister's wedding in August 1993.

I tried to provide a mix of the professional photos with the candid shots -- and I consider this to be one of the latter, even though we're clearly posed for the picture.  In the middle, that's my moms (as the kids say), and on the right, that's my sister, and the other one is me (in case I'm unrecognizable being so skinny and what with all that head of hair).

I'm going to go ahead and dedicate this picture to the lady in the middle, as she's been experiencing some health issues the last fortnight, and the doctors are still trying to determine exactly what's wrong.  My family's a little scattered (not so much "of mind", but mostly "of body" -- in that we're all over the country [well -- maybe we're a little "of mind" as well]), and I'm not as close to her as one might expect (that's a long story, hinted at in many of my posts, and more just about how we all played the hands that life dealt us [with interventions by fate, and by a 70's era judge, and by a jealous new wife, etc., etc. {note to self -- I must one day actually write this book and get this tale on the record, but I'll be sure to call it fiction, as everyone will assume it was made up anyway.}])

Come to think of it, the last time we all (my mom and her five kids) were together in one room was at this event twenty years ago ... but, regardless, here's to looking back fondly to that time, since it makes it all the more special for just that exact reason!  (Oh -- and get well soon, Mary, mother of mine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment