August 23, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 8/23/13

Twenty years ago this month, my sister Sherry got married, and all this August, I've been flashing back to that time in 1993 (as I'm wont to do on Fridays on this blog and on the Facebook).

Although wedding days are all about the bride, I managed to snag this *slightly* candid shot of her bridesmaids all lined up in a row in the Quakertown United Methodist Church.  I say *slightly* candid because it does appear that someone (i.e.  me) clearly said "smile" before snapping this photo of the five of them, since they all have practically the same grin on their faces.

[NOTE:  I'm related to 60% of them -- if you can't tell, it's the two on the left {Hey Holly!  Hey Bonnie!} and the one on the right {Hey Sharon-not-on-FB!}]

[TANGENT:  In a modern update on the classic "tree falling in the woods when no one is around" ... if one says "Hey!" to a relative who has no virtual presence, is that "Hey!" even heard?]

[CLARIFICATION:  Sherry -- any idea why the one next to Sharon appears to have traded her flowers for a nice pair of indoor shades?]

Next week ... one last twenty year old wedding photo ... and, of course, it will be of the bride ...

No comments:

Post a Comment