July 17, 2013

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 7/17/13

Low-roller reprise.

Used in a sentence:  "Nothing makes me realize that I do not belong in Vegas than reflecting on my second annual work trip I'm on to Sin City -- truly a low-roller reprise from last year."

In 2012, I found an old fashioned one-armed bandit quarter machine, put in my twenty bucks and cashed out the first time it went back over my original investment (and I was ecstatic to make twelve bucks).  In 2013, I did not have such luck -- my winnings were incremental and never sizable, so I watched them all disappear (admittedly, I was playing a five-line one armed bandit machine, and I think I passed up a few payouts being stingy by only playing singular credits before I caught on to the options I had).

Truth be told, my budget for the trip was wiped out on the first night when I went seeking the third burger in my quest to partake of all twenty-five listed on the 2013 Zagat list.  It turns out "just outside of town" in a Vegas taxi is a pretty penny when the to and the fro trips are added up.  I'm embarrassed to say exactly what surcharge I paid to check this off my list, but suffice it to say that the task of eating the slider meant that my social budget was all but eaten up as well.

Oh well -- it's not like I needed it to gamble, what with my low-roller status and all.  Maybe next year!

THE SOURCE MATERIAL INFORMING MY LATEST QUEST:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/2013/02/18/get-your-buns-to-zagats-top-25-burger-joints/1928829/

SURE IT TASTED GOOD, BUT THE CAB RIDE TO AND FRO WAS EXPENSIVE:
http://slidinthru.com/

GUESS I'LL HAVE TO DO THIS NEXT YEAR:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/mar/06/construction-underway-slotzilla-part-new-downtown-/

No comments:

Post a Comment