July 25, 2013

Random Thought for Thursday 7/25/13

So ... I've been living with a secret.  Although those that know me best  can't possibly be surprised because they know how I spend my time.   But I think the tide has turned due to recent developments, so I feel comfortable sharing my news.

I regularly watch (and even enjoy) Honey Boo Boo.  I know -- I know -- there are some who say that she (and her show) represent the end of civilization.  I don't mean to upset any elitists who might chastise me for supporting the media consumption of a family that conducts themselves in the manner that is broadcast (well -- cablecast) every week.

But you know what?  The key word in that last sentence is FAMILY.  Despite the activity that the show is redneckinizing (by the way, one of the best/funniest parts of this show is the *attempt* to provide closed captioning), it is clear at its core that the FAMILY loves and supports each other.

Maybe it's that I am the same age as Sugar Bear ... or that I once lived in front of the railroad tracks (the house in which I spent a good bit of time in my hometown of Lebanon had a crick and a parking lot and big somewhat abandoned buildings leftover from a twentieth century industrial complex between my bedroom and the train tracks -- but I still heard the whistle loud and clear on many an occasion) ... but either way, I'm enjoying myself and this season.  I particularly enjoy the six fingered baby, who seems to be pleading with the camera man to make sense of her surroundings in the shots if you focus on her off to the side.

All that said, I anticipate the "very special episode" when many of the family members learn that "sugar" is not just the first name of the nickname for Mama June's most recent baby daddy -- but is also a nickname for the diabetes that is bound to visit this family in due time (the family diet does leave something to be desired) ... but until that time, it's just laugh-out-loud fun.  And I'm not ashamed to be proud of my viewing habits.

Let the judgment begin ...

PERHAPS THE DIABETES HAS ALREADY STARTED:
http://www.dumbdouches.com/honey-boo-boo-forklift-foot/

IT IS NOT THE END OF CIVILIZATION:
http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/here-comes-honey-boo-boo/about-the-show/about-here-comes-honey-boo-boo.htm

OK ... OK ... DIABETES IS NOT A LAUGHING MATTER:
http://www.diabetes.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment