July 21, 2013

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 7/21/13

What Chicago is talking about this week:

Free wi-fi at the beach.

A few years ago, the company for which I work went through a change that resulted in me being a remote workplace employee (I roll out of bed, and get connected to my laptop for a day's worth of activities in and about nearly three dozen internet based systems -- it's fun and modern and makes me gain weight easily!).

Today, Chicago has decided to "see" that overall experience, and to "raise" it by one -- as they have announced free wi-fi at certain city beaches.  I am actively exploring how to make my equipment waterproof, and determining the life of my existing laptop battery, and figuring out if I can string a number of industrial style extension cords together to render the battery life question moot, and I am now realizing that my dream of making my skin sizzle whilst listening to the crash of the waves of Lake Michigan, all at the same time I'm busily producing work output, is one step closer to reality.  Now how do I handle the glare?

Co-workers of mine -- listen closely to the background of my skypes and google hangouts, and you just might hear the sounds of summer playing out all around me.

WORK FROM HOME EVEN IF HOME IS A BEACH:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/redeye-free-wifi-at-5-chicago-beaches-20130722,0,3823783.story

THE EQUIPMENT WAS DONATED (WONDER IF THE NSA IS LISTENING?):
http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2013/07/19/free-wifi-now-available-at-five-beaches.html

TIME TO STUDY UP:
http://toomanyadapters.com/five-tips-keeping-laptop-alive-tropical-climates/

No comments:

Post a Comment