June 16, 2013

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 6/16/13

What Chicago is talking about this week:

With the music (and smells) of Wrigley's Sausage Fest invading the apartment, I almost feel compelled to use this post to make (what is now) my third annual comment about how an event with *that* name in *this* 'hood is surely brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department (I sure do enjoy a tradition -- see my nearly identical comment in my posts of 6.3.12 and 6.5.11).

I said almost, because, instead, I'll succumb to the pressure of the holiday and contribute to the discussion about Father's Day that is ubiquitous today on the social media.  Although my biological father passed away this past January, our relationship wasn't exactly such that we celebrated this holiday (note to self -- remember this business opportunity worthy of an appearance on Shark Tank:  greeting cards for dysfunctional families that favor reality over typical industry schmaltz; note to others -- if you read this and act on it and monetize this concept before I do, expect a royalty request from me and my lawyers; postscript to note to self -- consider getting lawyers someday), so I don't have too much to add in the traditional vein of how folks respond to the holiday.

But I can provide my twisted take on things ... and promote the "who's your daddy" dna testing facilities -- both the van pictured above that drives around New York unconcerned that they might singlehandedly put Maury Povich off the air and the aptly named Indy offices for which I see signs on the frequent getaway trips to there.  Happy Father's Day indeed!

WATCH OUT POVICH -- THEY ARE GUNNING FOR YOU:
http://www.health-street.net/whos-your-daddy-truck.hml

WHO'S YOUR DADDY LLC -- SERVING THE FINE (LOOSE?) FOLKS OF INDY:
http://www.dnapaternitytestingllc.com/

NOT TO GET ALL MAUDLIN, BUT HERE'S MY REAL THOUGHTS ABOUT MY DAD:
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/2013/01/purposeful-memorial-for-monday-1713.html

No comments:

Post a Comment