June 28, 2013

Random Flashback(s) for Friday 6/28/13

As is my shtick, these are photos from twenty years ago -- on summer vacation in 1993 with my family -- on the border of Virginia and North Carolina -- at (and IN) the John H Kerr dam.  (These are the second and third of five I'll be posting total.)

Were I more famous, these would almost be like the kind that the paparazzi would sell to the magazines, with a headline about my lack of coordination or some knock about how what looks like abs from a distance are really the early beginnings of my later-in-life rolls of fat (seen more clearly as such if you zoom in).

Since I'm not more famous (even though I do have a blog and I pretend that people care on a weekly basis about what I was doing twenty years ago -- and I have those giant sunglasses on like I'm trying to hide from my public), I'll just have to be grateful that a fellow vacationer was shore-side and captured my moment.  Interesting fact (maybe -- well, to me anyway) is that I did not know then (and I do not know now) how to swim.  That fact never kept me from the water, though, as I do love to spend hours in it whenever on vacation.  It does explain the desperation slightly visible in my face after I've fallen in (in the second photo) as I was clearly attempting to make sure I did not lose my grip on the gator floatie.

Oh to be 21 again.  Where has all the time gone (and my hair ... and my general skinniness ...)?




No comments:

Post a Comment