May 7, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 5/7/13

So I realize I could have posted this yesterday as a Random Memorial for Monday ... but I didn't.  Instead, I'm naming my favorite George Jones song (a duet with Tammy W, of course) as my Random Tune for Tuesday.  So there -- my blog, my rules.

All kidding aside, this song is attached to a very specific memory of mine growing up.  When the family (such as it was) took trips (like to the Bloomsburg Fair ... or Knoebel's ... or to visit Grandma and Grandpa in Lancaster County), the kids all rode in the back of my bio-dad's truck (and, yes, it had a cap on it).  Over time, a little redwood bench had been added, and a rug laid down, and we filled it with blankets and pillows.  And -- most coveted item in the truck bed was a speaker that was wired in to the radio in the front.  I can distinctly remember falling asleep on long trips, with that speaker right under the pillow, listening to classic country as I dozed off.

I heard many a great song -- including this gem.  RIP George, RIP.

IN A PAWN SHOP IN CHICAGO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMgdDTzn8iY

No comments:

Post a Comment