May 21, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 5/21/13

My tunes all month have been country (I guess it's just the kind of random mood my random mind has been in).  And today will be no different.

But it will be a different song than I had first thought I'd have posted today -- what with the horrific images and heart-wrenching stories coming out of Oklahoma.

So I offer up this song of this Oklahoma artist.  I know it's a sad song -- but these are sad times.  And after you listen to it and are done crying -- if you haven't yet done so and you can -- please consider donating blood and/or texting 90999 to REDCROSS to easily make a $10 donation to the organization that is there on the ground providing assistance.

[By the way, I'm barely resisting the urge to comment on those conspiracists that are already suggesting the storm was created by the government to distract folks from the current administration's crises (really?  did that idiot fixate on the classic SixMillionDollar Man/Bionic Woman crossover episode with the guy who made the Oscar -- and other -- fembots and created the weather machine?), as it sickens me to think that there are those who would use this tragedy to advance political agendas.  That desecrates the memory of those children in the elementary school who perished -- and those who sacrificed their lives so that others might live -- and sickens me.  Barely resisting saying something, that's what I'm doing. Barely.]

IF I HAD ONLY KNOWN I'D NEVER HEAR YOUR VOICE AGAIN, I'D MEMORIZE EACH WORD YOU EVER SAID:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeKv_qc_aOo


No comments:

Post a Comment