May 3, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 5/3/13

It is almost summer (as two 85+ days in Chicago this past week helped me realize) ...

... so I choose to celebrate that fact over Friday Flashbacks throughout the month of May with pictures of the Boys of Summer circa 1993:  the Uniontown edition.

For perspective, that year twenty years ago, represented my final months in Uniontown, having interrupted my undergrad studies at LVC and headed there for an 18 month "theatre internship" that included all kinds of things in addition to acting -- such as waiting tables at the Cherry Tree Cafe (because, after all, aren't most actors primarily in that kind of work instead?).  And that's where I met these fine folks who added me to their senior class festivities (remember, I was a late bloomer -- so being newly 21 and being adopted into a high school group wasn't so much of a disconnect).

This picture, which appears to be a "selfie"  taken long before "selfies" were the norm (are photos with three people still called "selfies"?), was clearly taken after one of us said smile, although we each appeared to interpret that command in different ways.  (And look, there's my wonky eye on display -- this being a few months after the only talent agent I've ever had advised me to do eye exercises to fix my "problem".)

I feel like I've said this before ... but oh to be young again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment