May 17, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 5/17/13

It's another Friday in May 2013 here in Chicago where I'm eagerly looking forward to the start of summer ... so why not another Flashback to my time in Uniontown in 1993 (how can it be twenty years ago already?) and the recurring feature for this month that I'm referring to as "the boys of summer 1993".

This boy -- he's Jeff H (whom I can't find on Facebook, but whom an old-fashioned google search implies is currently associated with the local MMA chapter, which doesn't surprise me.)

What do I remember about Jeff (who worked at the Cherry Tree Cafe with me that year, and who let me party with his graduating senior class of high school)?  Three things ...

1.)  True to form for me, I bonded with his puppy dog (in general, I'm more fond of animals than people on most days).  This puppy entertained itself for HOURS moving a soccer ball around with its tiny head.

2.)   Even after I left town, I always used to stop by his mom's house back by the cemetery when I would return to visit (up until he went away to ... mortuary school, I believe?) and we would always catch up and he would always offer me something to drink.

3.)  Speaking of drinking, it was one of the senior year parties at his house where I did my first beer bong (at the age of 21, me being a late bloomer and all).

Beer bong!  I say it often -- but oh to be young again.

No comments:

Post a Comment