April 17, 2013

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 4/17/13

Lorem Ipsum:  The Aloysius Angelasia Archives.

Used in a sentence:  "I've finally done something I wanted to do ever since joining Facebook almost four years ago (which was when my 20th HS reunion was being planned -- and which makes the 25th one due next year!) -- I've started writing a short story/novella/novel/epic a few paragraphs at a time each day and it's called Lorem Ipsum:  The Aloysius Angelasia Archives."

If you know me at all, you know that I've never met a word I didn't like.  I like reading them -- I like writing them -- I like making up new ones if I think they'll serve a purpose -- I like using more of them than are necessary to communicate my point -- I like to one up myself and strive for triple-entendre if I can get away with it.  I like them even more than I like sentences with over-convoluted structure using multiple clauses decorated with parentheses, brackets and braces, so that's saying something.  Let's face it -- I could never grow up to be an editor (no offense to those of you whom I know in the profession) because editors, by job description, kill words dead.  I've been writing creatively as long as I can remember (including a soapy type piece in 2nd grade on a mimeograph machine that included an exploding garage that probably put me on some "watch list" when I was younger), but I haven't channeled my output toward one really big project since the days of the Mysterious Murder Quests some twenty years ago.  Until now.

Thanks to the way the Capricious Cognition blog is set up, one can easily catch up on any update-isodes ('cause they are status updates), just by clicking on the "Lorem Ipsum:  The Aloysius Angelasia Archives" label on the right hand side.  [I'd tell you how to find things on my Facebook wall, but since that company changes its display features so frequently in an attempt to capture the ADD generation, I don't think I can really put anything in print that wouldn't become obsolete pretty quickly.]  And I promise that this is not written in advance and just parceled out cut-and-paste style each day, but that it's a living event -- part of the fun of the challenge I've undertaken.

Of course, I do have the basest of story skeletons mapped out -- so I do know where we're going.  It's just that I'm not quite sure how long it will take to get there.  So feel free to come along for the ride, one day at a time.  As soon as I pick up again (I'm on vacation currently, so I'll be catching up in a few days), a key plot piece will finally be revealed (although the clues were there all along in the title since the beginning, as I tend to write on multiple levels at once if possible -- words chosen for very specific reasons indeed).

Thanks to those of you who have offered support, or who found this independently since I "soft-launched" this earlier this month, or who were confused and thought I was sharing things that actually happened to me on the FB ... and here's to the journey ahead.

PLEASE GO HERE TO GET CAUGHT UP:
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/search/label/Lorem%20Ipsum%3A%20%20The%20Aloysius%20Angelasia%20Archives

MORE WILL BE CLEAR AFTER THE NEXT POST, BUT SOME CLUES ARE HERE:
http://www.lipsum.com/

FOR THOSE OF YOU TOO YOUNG TO HAVE USED A MIMEOGRAPH:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0wUcCInJ2o




No comments:

Post a Comment