April 26, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 4/26/13

Now the last photo from 1993's HOBY Central PA seminar -- this one from the annual talent show and featuring a skit called the candy store.  I actually don't remember all of the details except that it was a new counselor hazing tradition that ended with me walking off stage calling everyone "suckers".  And that the tradition had been passed on to me by veteran counselor Jack Tawney (now passed on, RIP).

[LVC alum will no doubt recognize the corner of the Underground where the event was held.]

HOBY will be back in my flashbacks around this time next year for the 1994 edition -- and, in modern life, the central PA seminar is coming up next month (and the national convention looks like it's headed to Chicago this July!)  In another twist, someone I met through the organization is running for office in York, and I'll be providing his information immediately following this post (on Facebook only).

All in all -- outstanding memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment