March 5, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 3/5/13

Look -- my choice for tonight doesn't have to be exclusively a seasonal song, right?

If so -- it's still technically the astrological winter season (even if meteorological spring started last Friday on 3.1) ... and this is the biggest storm we're going to get in Chitown this year it seems.  (This photo was taken on the way home from getting the paper this afternoon -- we've added a few inches since then.)

As it was, we've really had a sn-aught (snow-draught?) or a sn-earth (dearth of snow?), so as many inches as we can get close to a foot will be "special" (and, with both 50 degrees and daylight savings time forecast for the weekend [more sun!*], it will all be but a puddle soon enough anyway).  [*I know that's not technically how DST works, but allow me the poetic license please.]

And hey -- once or twice a year, this is just fine.  Me, personally, my favorite weather is jacket weather.  So cold that I get a brain freeze if I forget my earmuffs -- no thanks.  So warm that I have to reupholster the couch as it got soaked by my body brine during a triple digit spell -- also no thanks.  But once or twice a year ... it's the perfect match.

So with that, here's Dean Martin serenading Thumper and Bambi (a combination only found on the youtube) -- in a much happier scene than (spoiler-alert) the mother-gets-slaughtered ending.

LET IT SNOW ... LET IT SNOW ... LET IT SNOW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mSSPM3ies0





No comments:

Post a Comment