March 8, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 3/8/13

What was I doing "spring break" approximately twenty years* ago?

I was driving from my apartment in Uniontown to Boston (the first of two times that decade, the only two times I've been to the New England area) to see my surrogate sister Wendy W in school (nearby at Mt Holyoke) and out of school (here, in front of Faneuil Hall), singing with the amazing V-8's (an acapella group tradition that celebrated 70 years of singing last year).

I still have a cassette (it was 1993, after all), which includes their greatest hits -- and the memories of the performance (as the youtube didn't exist back then, where more modern day performances from this group can be found) and of the whole trip.

Wendy -- thinking of you and yours this flashback Friday!

*Disclosure:  this photo (and the aforementioned trip) took place in April 1993, hence the use of the word approximately.  But hey, blink and April and spring will be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment