March 22, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 3/22/13

Let me start by saying that this is an authentic Polaroid picture (but the scanner didn't pick up the white stripe on the bottom) ... so ... Instagram ... you can suck it.

Let me continue by saying that you should be careful about drawing conclusions -- as although this is a Hills Department Store (Hills -- RIP), this is the one that was located in Uniontown PA (as that's where I was located twenty years ago in 1993).  [I'm not sure if I have any more pics of this favored place of employment of my youth coming up in this series -- but I worked there from June 92 to May 93 and in my hometown of Lebanon PA from May 91 to May 92, Aug 93 to Jun 95 and Nov 97 to Aug 98.]

These things have changed -- the acid wash jeans haven't come back around to be in style (I don't think) ... the Barney dinosaur's popularity has been supplanted by something hotter I'm sure (what is it now -- the Wiggles?) ... layaway, as a concept, almost died, but returned courtesy of the Great Recession ... that hat is still in storage somewhere, which is where it landed when I quite literally wore it out (holes and dirty head marks and all)... and I haven't worn a watch since the cell phone started going with me everywhere I went ... not to mention the fact that I don't have quite as much hair on the top of my head as I did back then.

What hasn't changed -- I still pound the coca-cola (now just one a day to try to get a hold of my weight gain) -- and I still can't resist smilin' all goofy-like when someone points a camera my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment