February 5, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 2/5/13

I totally embrace the geek in me.

I'm proud to have been called "four-eyes" for many years prior to getting my contacts.  I understand that I waited to get a real hardcore sunburn until I was in my twenties, because I was more inclined to be inside reading than outside playing prior to that.  I'm more than OK with the fact that I actually used to walk to and from school with a book in hand, trying not to get run over when crossing streets.  I'm comfortable with having been described as "too smart for my own good", and I recognize that I started my adulthood with a deficit of street smarts and an excess of book smarts.  I relate to Brick on ABC's The Middle and to the boys of The Big Bang Theory.

One thing I've never done:  attend a comics convention.  One thing I might be doing this year at the end of April:  attending the C2E2 Chicago Comic Expo.  Burt and Adam and Julie are all scheduled to be there (and I have a thing for the BatUniverse -- stemming back to when I watched the classic TV show when it was on in syndication after school when I was younger).  Since we're ALL aging now (me included), that kind of opportunity might not come again (case in point -- there's already no chance Eartha or Burgess or Cesar or Frank could join them).

So in that spirit, I offer up this tune tonight ...

NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qP-NglUeZU


No comments:

Post a Comment