February 22, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 2/22/13

Contents of a bachelor frig, circa 1993 (twenty years ago when I was ensconced in my Uniontown PA apartment):

*six jars of Smuckers jelly (pretty sure that was from a housewarming gift, as I do not recall an addiction to preserves)

*mayo (which was almost certainly for the bag of frozen chicken patties that should be in this freezer)

*take-out container (since tuna helper and Campbell's chicken noodle soup were the extent of what I could make back then)

*three oranges (to keep a young kid healthy and full of vitamin C)

*every other possible space filled with Rolling Rock (except for one row of wine coolers for those guests  for whom Rolling Rock was too much to handle)

[Note -- I have nothing more to say about why I had that much Rolling Rock, except that it was a story I won't soon forget, and you'll have to ask me about it on my death bed, 'cause that's how I roll (even twenty years later, I ain't no snitch, yo).]

[Also note -- today's frig in Chicago looks much different, except for the bottom shelf of it, where the Guinness and Yuengling Lager and Bud Light are now stored.]



No comments:

Post a Comment