January 30, 2013

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 1/30/13

It's official -- I'm going to the Super Bowl

Used in a sentence to demonstrate how things should always be viewed in the right context (I'm talking to you, extremist talking heads across the political spectrum):  "It's official -- I'm going to the Super Bowl location from last year in order to break my alco-fast* this upcoming weekend."

[*I haven't had a drink since the early hours of Jan 1 -- not for choice, but because of circumstance.]

Look -- January has been a bust for me.  February can only get better (I'm requesting no deaths, no life-threatening illnesses of loved ones, no sudden changes to vacation plans and no stockroom fires).  So why not celebrate a party weekend in what is currently the favorite getaway place.  It doesn't matter to me that I'm a year late -- I'm just excited that the hotel room will look down on Lucas Oil Stadium, that I'll get to walk around Monument Circle (in this photo, all decked out for SB festivities a year ago) and that I had the foresight to take Monday off to make this a long relaxing weekend for a fresh start to 2013.

Bring on the bowl!  Bring on the Indy!

MAYBE THE PARTY WILL BE BACK IN 2018:
http://www.profootballweekly.com/story/permalink/33624

I DON'T LIKE CROWDS SO MAYBE NOLA WAS ALWAYS OUT OF THE QUESTION:
http://www.neworleanssuperbowl.com/

TICKET COST and AD COSTS (ADJUSTED FOR INFLATION):
http://www.theawl.com/2013/01/adjusted-for-inflation-super-bowl


No comments:

Post a Comment