January 13, 2013

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 1/13/13

What Chicago is talking about this week:

The poor guy in this picture (named Urooj).  Correction -- the rich guy in the picture.  Correction to the correction -- since the guy in this picture is dead and is now having his body exhumed as an anonymous tip was provided that he was cyanide-poisoned, characterizing him as poor or rich seems irrelevant.

Correction to the correction to the correction (I promise I'll stop after making this last point) -- the status of "poor" or "rich" is actually extremely relevant, as he scratched off a million dollar winning lottery ticket and then died the day after claiming his winnings.  Now, in addition to the survivors fighting over the estate, all kinds of skeletons are jumping out of closets in such a way as to set this up for a 2 hour "news" special a la Dateline or 48 hours or their ilk, assuming that truth will one day be known.

Despite the risk, I'm pleased to announce that I've started my 2013 FB birthday project.  [Those of you who have known me for awhile know that I strive to do something original each year within that social network -- in 2011, it was searching the youtube for random birthday videos that mentioned the birthday person's name and in 2012, it was donating $1 per publicly listed birthday to a charity of the month.]  This year, I'm purchasing a one dollar scratch off ticket per person and scratching it off to check for winnings.  And by the way -- there are some caveats if there are winnings.

First, I'm claiming a 50% finders' fee (after all, I am doing the hard work of the scratching).
Second, those with winnings must "claim" them via FB message by 1.31.14.
Third, I'm donating any unclaimed funds to a charity of my choice on 2.1.14.
Fourth, if my finders' fee ever totals an amount of substance, the first thing I'll buy with my winnings is an old-fashioned taster, being determined to learn Urooj's lesson.

IT'S EVEN IN THE NEWS OVERSEES:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2259709/Urooj-Khan-death-Brother-wife-murdered-lottery-winner-squabbled-winnings-dead-cyanide-poisoning.html

THE BODY IS ON ITS WAY UP:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-01-11/news/chi-judge-oks-exhumation-of-lottery-winner-20130111_1_exhumation-zaman-police-investigation

THE LIST OF RULES (AND WINNERS):
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/2013/01/2013-birthday-celebration.html

No comments:

Post a Comment