January 14, 2013

Random Memorial for Monday 1/14/13

Gone but not forgotten:  NOT getting my Alan Ball fix.

So I think this is kind of like my blog post's version of a double negative in that I'm missing the fact that I am no longer missing something, but, assuming I don't run afoul of any lapses in literary logic ... let me just say that I will follow Alan Ball anywhere.

[Almost anywhere -- I mean NOT to a compound in Africa that serves KoolAid ... should he ever go that route ...]

Thanks to a cable package that includes HBO's sister channel Cinemax, and an idea that hooked me in that the action takes place in the fictional town of Banshee PA (and the pilot included this picture, which means that it is "fictionally" somewhere around Hershey/Hummelstown and in in my hometown neck'o'the'woods) ... I am eagerly awaiting each hour for each of the next ten Friday nights (or any of the other nights it is on in repeats -- it's not too late for you all to catch up and find and watch the pilot).

Every episode of quality entertainment from master allegorist Alan Ball, you will not be missed (by me and mine, anyway)!

A BANSHEE PRIMER:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/11/six-things-to-know-about-cinemaxs-banchee-2/

SADLY, IT'S NOT FILMED IN MY HOMETOWN NECK'O'THE'WOODS:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/11/six-things-to-know-about-cinemaxs-banchee-2/

ALAN BALL MADE MY END OF THE WORLD COUNTDOWN:
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/2012/10/bonus-post-thing-60.html

No comments:

Post a Comment