December 29, 2012

Random Soapbox for Saturday 12/29/12

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... I am SO over this sinus infection.

At least it waited to arrive until the morning after Christmas, but I'm four days into this mild misery now and, although I think I've turned a corner, my absolute favorite holiday of the year is some 70 hours away, and I need to be healed!

WARNING -- I shared some of these details with my work colleagues and they informed me that it was gross, so stop reading now if you anticipate sharing their opinion.

Two things bother me the most -- my nose is so numb from blowing out the discharge that I can't even feel the fact that it is dripping until the seepage makes it to the very tip of my nostrils which, thankfully, still have a few remaining active nerve endings.  This severely reduces the amount of time I have to take action to grab a tissue -- and has led to more than a few nasal drippings decorating my shirt.

Additionally, every time I do proactively blow my nose, the sinus pressure is so great in my "maxillary sinus cavity", that a spray goes forth from the corner of my eye.  Further complicating matters, I've been wearing my glasses during this whole illness, so the spray gets captured on its inside lens, necessitating a frequent cleaning to avoid it spotting up with sinus gunk.

I've been trying to find the glass-half-full view of this malady, and, besides the crazy dreams I get off of the Alk (see my post from this past Wednesday to understand this), the only thing I can enjoy about it is that my voice now has that Kathleen Turner sound to it, which tickles me for some reason.

So ... in the words of Shakespeare (that will sound like Kathleen T if a say them out loud) ... "OUT, OUT, DAMNED SINUS INFECTION!  Daddy's got to soon celebrate a new year that he didn't think would arrive!"

SINCE ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED, I THINK I BEST CREDIT THIS SOURCE:
http://www.myallergydoctor.com/info-sinus.php

EYE SQUIRTING FOR GUINNESS RECORDS REASON?:
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/comments/eye_squirting

COUNTDOWN IN YOUR LOCAL TIME ZONE:
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/newyearlocation.html








No comments:

Post a Comment