December 28, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 12/28/12

And so ends another year (almost).

With the final days of 2012 upon us (and, guess what, looks like they won't be our collective final days after all, despite my best efforts to rally around that concept!), that means my regular Friday flashbacks to twenty years ago will also draw to a close.  So goodbye 1992 ... with a final picture from my family gathering in the holidays that year.  (That's my niece Casey Jo -- Sharon's daughter -- on my shoulders in this photo).

I already peeked ahead to 1993, and I have so many things to share that I might just have to double up my flashbacks -- with so many shots of Uniontown, and of so many of my family gathering for my sister's wedding, and my return to LVC with its theater group (which had been refreshed in the 18 months I was away with many new faces) and of vacations to Cedar Point, and the Dunbar watering hole, and Kerr Lake ... oh -- and the appearance of Smokey, our communally shared dorm-room kitty cat.

I'm going to have schedule some time in front of the scanner in the days ahead ... and to temper my excitement as I will still be retelling these stories just one week at a time, each and every Friday in 2013.

And on that note ... Happy New Year to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment