December 21, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 12/21/12

It's the holidays, and so we return to the holiday party from 20 years ago that I've featured the past few weeks, held at my father's house during a rare period when he was unattached and thus more family focused.

[Note -- My sister saw aforementioned father today in the nursing home, and he announced that he'll live until he's 110.  Which means he's either even more stubborn than I thought, or that he's in denial over his  condition]

But this -- this was happier times for everyone!  And this -- this is the elusive sister Sharon in the photo on the left (elusive mostly because she's not yet joined Facebook, so the physical distance {she's back home in Leb'non County} is taking its toll on our feeling of connectedness).  She's joined by Erika, my sister-in-law, who is on Facebook but who has previously requested that I not tag 20 year old photos of her on the Facebook, and so I won't, because I'm a good listener!

May your family gatherings be just as happy this holiday season as this one was in 1992!  Me -- I'm off to pack for my long weekend/Indiana Christmas -- Tippecanoe (last minute shopping) then Indianapolis (last minute drinking) then South Bend (for mostly the eating -- and maybe some drinking -- and card playing -- and family seeing, etc.)!  Safe travels to all those out and about these next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment