December 12, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 9

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 9:

File this under a desire to just go on the record about something ... but with 9 days left until the end of the world (maybe) ... [and note -- to those confused individuals, don't get it twisted -- 12.12.12 was just the last of the triplicate days we get to experience for being alive at the beginning of a new century -- it is NOT the date that we slip into the dark side of our galaxy (the driving astronomical fact behind the end of the Mayan calendar) as that's in 9 days] ... I should probably go on the record with my Dad and Mom.  First, biological father of mine -- whereas the step-creature once tried to sow seeds of doubt that it was indeed your sperm that fertilized my mother's egg -- my middle aging has proven our genetic kinship as I start to look more and more like you as the years go by.  I've already made my peace with the life you chose (and, let's face it, I was one of the last kids you sired, so the generation canyon that separates us is pretty much the story of the distance we have in our lives), and I said my goodbyes when I was last home and you first went on hospice this past summer with expectation that your untreatable cancer would spread.  [Of course, true to our shared stubborn genes, you're still kicking and fighting and harassing those patient patient souls in the nursing home ... and who am I to wish you anything but many more months of the same.]  Second, to my moms (who is not on Facebook and I don't think is necessarily even on the interwebs) -- please accept my apologies for not being closer to you.  It's just that I was so young when the divorce happened, and I was used as such a pawn in the adult games that followed (including apparently being manipulated into getting your visitation rights cancelled, which, in turn, led to your departure from the locale), that I just don't know you well enough.  I have every understanding that you still care for me, and I know that, as I hit middle age, I've had an opportunity to reconnect yet have struggled to do so, but please please  please don't take it personally.  It's just how we've all played the cards that have been dealt us.  And please know that I'm happy and loved and well taken care of -- and have been for many years by many many individuals.  So if it all ends in nine days for any or all of the three of us ... let's find comfort that we've each survived in our own ways and we've each found a way to thrive in our own rights and we're comfortably ready for whatever the future brings (whether the apocalypse happens or not).

No comments:

Post a Comment