December 13, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 8

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 8:

File this under confessions ... but as the days and hours tick away until the apocalypse, I have to admit to myself that I may never get to fulfill my personal quests.  And hey, contrary to the way some of my posts may sound, I really don't have overly grandiose goals here about which I speak (I may have grown up to be a more modern version of the slacker, with just a touch of type A personality that can be turned on when needed) ... I'm talking about not yet having dipped my toes into every Great Lake ... and not yet seeing all of the Presidential Libraries/Museums/Birthplaces ... and not yet buying a t-shirt and set of shot glasses from every HardRockCafe ... not to mention my arrested plan to visit the countries' biggest cities alphabetically.  Should I somehow survive the suffering ahead, I'm going to have start moving double time on some of these tasks -- and then maybe move on to some bigger ones like somehow getting out of debt and somehow putting all of my writing ideas down to paper and somehow finding a way to get all progenic once or twice prior to my hitting the half century mark.  I'm beginning to think that the old life-flashing-before-your-eyes thing for me might be full of things I haven't yet done.  Of course, I have the majority of the other 100 posts to distract me with all the things I have done and people I have met and stories I have collected along the way.  So ... I'll choose to have a glass-half-full apocalyptic attitude after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment