December 17, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 4

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 4:

File this under "hey -- remember when you changed my life" ... but now that we're just four days out (which means the hourly countdown is now no longer in the triple digits) ... and with the end of this project squarely in sight, let me pause and reflect that I couldn't even begin to imagine where I would be in this life that may (or may not) be ending at the end of this week, had I not had the generous Judy W in my life.  As I understand it, she was inspired by a program at her church, but no party involved could have imagined that she'd so quickly and so legally become the guardian of a 17 year old high school runaway -- or, at least that's the clinical description of what she became back in 1989.  What she really became was a parental figure who provided guidance and love and direction to a soul in danger of being lost, and what she really provided was a "home" -- a safe place where I could discover who I was and to which I could return until I one day "grew up" and made one of my own.  What she did -- she changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment