November 16, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 35

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 35:

File this under how you made my college experience "the bestest" ... but as I come to grips with the fact that I may not make it back to Germany if the world does end in 35 days (and pre-Armageddon as is playing out in the middle east doesn't have me scared at all, right?) and as I am now getting constantly reminded of the semester I spent abroad in Germany in 1990 by my nephew is now stationed there and who is flooding Facebook with photos of the countryside and posts about the bier and the bahn, I should pause and thank those who made that Koln experience of mine such an unbelievable one.  I spent the fall of 2010 reminiscing in my Flashback Friday series on this blog (just click on the Series:  Real World Koln link to the left to relive those photos and memories), but to Brian and Amy and Tony and Beth and Monika and Tracey and Karl and Steve and Doug and Kari and the other Amy and Adam and Jon and Steph and Cindy and Pat and Robin (that was in no particular order other than looking back through those photos) -- THAT was an amazing semester that I shall never forget!  In your honor, I raise a Kolsch and a Doner Kebab to each of you and I kiss my piece of the Berlin Wall (that I hacked off myself) in memory of the good times.  If only there was more time left in this modern world for us to coordinate our own little Wiedervereinigung, Deutschland style.  All the same -- Prosit to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment