November 18, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 33

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 33:

File this under the OPPOSITE of famous cartoonist Charles M. Schulz's quote that "... big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life ..." (you know that Lucy had to come from somewhere, right?) ... but older sister Sherry, thanks so much for being a part of my life.  [I'm doing this subset of posts in order of birth, and if I remember family lore right, this twin was born just before the other twin whom I'll feature tomorrow.]  We both went through what we went through when we were younger -- and we both came out so much stronger on the other side -- but you led the way in showing how it is to be done.  You showed me how you can thrive by having the right kind of outside support system ... how the bonds of "family" can be grown with others who aren't officially related to you ... how you can use hard work and determination to set goals and achieve them irrespective of the hand that life has dealt you ... and how you can find love and give love and experience love even if you start your adult life a little unsure of what love really is.  I could never say thank you enough for those gifts that you gave me.  But just case this world ends in 33 days ... and since our family is so scattered such that we don't say this as often as we should -- I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment