November 19, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 32

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 32:

File this under the OPPOSITE of famous cartoonist Charles M. Schulz's quote that "... big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life ..." (you know that Lucy had to come from somewhere, right?) ... but older sister Sharon, thanks so much for being a part of my life.  [And with that, I can retire what is easily the clunkiest opener of this whole bonus series -- but let's face it, I'm out of older sisters (not counting my bio dad's WWII family).]  Admittedly -- you're not on Facebook so we haven't re-connected (plus there was that phone call I had with your husband about Ralph's situation that didn't go so well) ... but that doesn't mean I can't remember how bold you were to get up and leave the dinner table the minute you turned 18 back when we were younger and looking to escape our living situation, or thank you for how you used to let me walk to your house and watch MTV and then get a ride to school (all unbeknownst to the evil stepcreature).  Before we stopped communicating so much, I used to really enjoy the quick visit at your workplace(s) when I was on one of my trips back home ... so just in case this world ends in 32 days ... and since our family is so scattered such that we don't say this as often as we should ... and since we're really not talking so much right now anyway -- just know that I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment