November 25, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 26

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 26:

File this under love ya like a brother, man ... but Erik S (whose birthday is today), with just 26 days left until the world ends (I apologize in advance for reminding you of the world-ending scenarios of your youth) and absolutely no chance of me getting back to PA before the (alleged) Mayan apocalypse ... thanks for letting me play with your puppy dogs through the years ... and for conversations around a wood stove in your parents' homestead ... and for playing some memorable characters in the Mysterious Murder Quests in my college decade ... and for getting me that great deal on the motorcycle that Corey and I shared for that one summer ... and for letting me live artistically vicariously through you and your endeavors of the last few years.  Even though your prophecy during our trip to DC to be near Pearl Jam in 1995 of how we would never all be together like that in the same way again came true -- at least the fact that you and I stayed connected through the years was an exception.  Happy Impending Apocalypse to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment