November 27, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 24

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 24:

File this under confessions ... but to the lady who ran the bed and breakfast near what once was the Funcks restaurant on the Swatara Creek out on the way to Memorial Lake near Ft. Indiantown Gap for whom I was to perform one of my Mysterious Murder Quests in the mid-nineties, you already said that you knew that the reason I had to cancel at the last minute was fabricated.  I'm just clearing my conscience now that there's (maybe) only 24 days left before the end of the world -- and so I'm finally agreeing with you (of course, since news reports say that you've passed, I'm not sure if this forgive-me-father-for-I-have-sinned moment carries much weight).  There was no sudden emergency that kept us away that night -- we just flat-out weren't prepared.  I know I can't go back in time and change things -- but if it's any solace, I did decide to disband the concept and I performed no more after I failed to uphold that obligation.  Hopefully the afterlife has the internet so that this almost 20 year old overdue apology does something more than just relieve me of the burden I've carried that long.  Sorry for letting you and your patrons down.

No comments:

Post a Comment