October 23, 2012

Random Tune for Tuesday 10/23/12

What can I say ... I'm a reminiscent-ian.

Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy the moments in which I'm living now, as I know that moments pass all too soon to not enjoy them as they happen.

But I also was blessed (for the most part, it's a blessing) with a memory that just won't quit.  And I'm not about to waste that special gift.  So I like to recall the places I've been and people I've met and experiences I've had ... and nothing captures that "we are on the cusp of having to put away all that has come before us and be more adult like" then this classic Billy Joel tune (which I blasted in the car while driving to the suburbs last Friday).

"We're going long ... we're gaining weight ... we're sleeping long ... and far too late ... and so it's time ... to change our ways ... BUT I'VE LOVED THESE DAYS!"

WE'LL DRINK A TOAST TO HOW IT'S BEEN!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjbCNQRiy4A

No comments:

Post a Comment