October 20, 2012

Random Posting for Penn State 10/20/12

Here are nine Nittany nuggets from tonight's game!

1.)  Well look at us and our READY-for-prime-time players!
2.)  Such pretty colors tonight -- blue and white and black and gold and ... yes ... real men were pink!
3.)  I'm hesitant to draft this post during the third quarter (as I am doing), as I seem to recall a lot of recent games with Iowa that I thought we were winning until the last minutes of the game ... but ... tonight does seem a little different.
4.)  Sam -- so far so good!  And good to know that whatever you had is gone (and possibly given to the Iowa kicker)!
5.)  Sorry James VanDerBeek and the Beek-eyes, it just wasn't your night.  It happens to everyone.
6.)  I'm never happy to see any players hurt, but I did hear that some Iowa fans were dressed in black and gold prison stripes with "J Sandusky" on the back -- which just make me think about karma and putting good things out in the universe to get good things back (or vice versa).
7.)  So I'm torn -- the finger to the mouth to tell the crowd to shush after the TD score?  Doesn't seem to be that egregious (assuming it was the index finger he was using, of course) ... but I also think JoePa would have taken him out of the game ...
8.)  I guess it is officially "Matthew", but when the graphic came up during the game tonight, it still caught me by surprise.  I mean he's been playing so well and things just seem to be in such a good place, I've been thinking of him more like "Mattie".
9.)  So has progressiveness come full circle?  The Big 10 Network has a man down on the field in the place where most networks seem to put a woman, although it seems like most networks do so as if they were forced to do so in order to "support equality".  Or am I the misogynist because I noticed?

In closing, thanks to all those survivors and supporters of survivors for whom the pink has special meaning this month ... and the countdown to our next post-season game in 2016 stands at 53 more games!

[Note:  In honor of the Sandusky scandal victims who came forward , remember that RAINN's National Sexual Assault Hotline is 1.800.656.HOPE(4673).]

MATTHEW, AS IN BROTHERS "MATTHEW, PAUL and JOHN":


SPEAKING OF COLORS, CHECK OUT THE P STATE OH STATE RIVALRY CHART:

No comments:

Post a Comment