October 13, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 69

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending:

Thing 69:

File this under long overdue thanks ... but in case the world ends in 69 days, I've learned from all those post-apocalyptic television shows and movies that the few who survive always seem to run into an ex as the new world gets created.  Now maybe that just makes for a good story, but since I'm all about hedging my bets while expecting the sudden reversal of the magnetic poles (did you know there's a whole cottage industry of faux-docu-science shows that can feed someone with mildly obsessive tendencies and a twisted sense of creativity?) ... I feel like I should pause to say thanks to all those whom I've loved before -- and I'm no Wilt Chamberlain or much of a kiss-and-teller or too much of what the kids call a star-f***er -- but no matter how fleeting or anonymous or (more rarely) serious our time together was, please think fondly of me, and I'll do the same about you.  And if we're lucky, maybe we'll run into each other post 12.21.12.

No comments:

Post a Comment