October 18, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 64

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending:

Thing 64:

File this under "hey -- remember when you changed my life?" ... but I'd be awfully remiss (assuming the world really is ending soon), to not call out those who helped me in my "great escape" of March 15, 1989.  And let's face it, this is a multi-parter (see part 1 as Thing 78) so it's a good thing I have 64 days to get this all out of my system ... and tonight I'll focus on one person of many from that experience ... Steve B. For it was he who was my boss at the East Lebanon McDonald's (the job I had late in high school and through my first year of college) and it was he who helped me set up my first bank account at the bank across Rt. 422 (People's/Meridian/Corestates/Wells Fargo -- and probably a few more names that I don't recall as it was repeatedly bought out over and over again) and it was he who gave me a lot of guidance when I ran away from home (and really needed it).  Thanks McSteve! 


No comments:

Post a Comment